[Perldl] perldl shell in the browser

Puneet Kishor punk.kish at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 10:32:45 HST 2012

On Dec 30, 2011, at 12:08 AM, Joel Berger wrote:

> Although you would probably need to do some sandboxing or else
> somereworking, you might check out
> showmetheshell,https://github.com/vti/showmetheshell
> Its a lightweight, perl-driven, browser based terminal!
>
> If you change the line
>
>      PocketIO->new(instance => Handler->new(cmd => '/bin/bash'));

>      PocketIO->new(instance => Handler->new(cmd => 'pdl'));
>
> The browser terminal starts up with a new pdl prompt and everything.
> One really just needs to look into the sandboxing at that point.

Wow, this is a whole bucket of fun.

I really want to make this available to the inquiring, inquisitive potential PDLer, but am not sure what to do to sandbox it. I poked around the docs but didn't see anything mentioned. Any suggestions? I would be happy to host this on my machine, at least until things get out of hand.