[Perldl] How to find out cause of out of memory

Ingo Schmid ingosch at gmx.at
Wed Feb 15 03:05:07 HST 2012

I think you should skip using arrays and assign data to intermediate
piddles. Or, if you can, figure out data size then create a big piddle
and using slicising in assignements. Do the chunks look the same always?
Then an array of piddles maybe a good choice.

When processing functional images, I am forced to do something similar
due to a) huge memory demands b) constraitns on piddle elements. What I
do is read in data one time-point (or whatever outer index you can come
up with) and populate a piddle than append it to an open file handle
(using writeflex). I don't know if that works in your case since it
heavily depends on slicability of your data.

Ingo