[Perldl] problem with PDL::IO::HDF perl module

Olivier Archer olivier.archer at ifremer.fr
Fri Nov 4 09:00:27 HST 2011

Hi Monica,
  can you try this piece of code ?
     my $hdf_file = PDL::IO::HDF::VS->new($file_name);
     $name = "Northernmost_Latitude";
     $max_lat = $hdf_file->VSread($name,
$hdf_file->-VSgetfieldnames($name))->sclr;

If it works, it's a bug on the constructor of the PDL::IO::HDF class, but
not on the PDL::IO::HDF::VS side. If it doesn't work, please paste the full
error message. If you can put a test file with a test .pl file on some ftp,
i will try to debug it.

Olivier Archer
Océanographie spatiale - Ifremer
02 98 22 44 84