[Perldl] 2D plots with TriD?

Matthew Kenworthy mkenworthy at as.arizona.edu
Mon Feb 8 20:59:47 HST 2010

Tim,

That's not a problem if we step away from trying to implement axis labelling
> in each subsystem. The AST library
>
>  http://starlink.jach.hawaii.edu/starlink/AST
>
> is a generalised coordinate library but more importantly it includes a
> generic plotting interface.

The issue (as I understand it) with PGPLOT is that its license is not free
enough for several Linux distributions. If the licensing is anything but
'free' for the AST library, then any plotting built with AST will have the
same problem as PGPLOT. Do you know if the ASt licensing is acceptable to
all Linux distributions?

Matt

--
Matthew Kenworthy / Assistant Professor / Leiden Observatory
Niels Bohrweg 2 (#463) / P.O. Box 9513 / 2300 RA Leiden / NL