[Pdl-porters] PDL::Doc

David Mertens dcmertens.perl at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 05:50:08 HST 2012

Hey everybody -

I'm working (on IRC) with azawawi, who is writing a PDL plugin for Padre.
Right now, the focus is on hooking into the PDL documentation system.
Keyword highlighting will come along eventually, which raises the question:
what words do we want highlighted? Surely not every function...

Anyway, I've noticed some weirdness in PDL::Doc::Perldl. For example, line
215 says:

    (my $t2 = $topic) =~ s/([^a-zA-Z0-9_])/\\$1/g;

This is *exactly* what quotemeta does. Is there any reason this doesn't
just use quotemeta like so?

    my $t2 = quotemeta $topic;

David