[Pdl-porters] web site: links between pages are broken?

David Mertens dcmertens.perl at gmail.com
Fri Jun 11 03:34:56 HST 2010

On Fri, Jun 11, 2010 at 7:38 AM, Douglas Burke <dburke at cfa.harvard.edu>wrote:

>  From
>
> http://pdl.perl.org/?docs=Image2D&title=PDL::Image2D
>
> I selected the fftconvolve link in the conv2d section, which tries to
> take me to
>
> http://pdl.perl.org/FFT.html#fftconvolve__
>
> which results in one of the ugliest 4040 pages I've seen in quite a
> while. I don't know if sourceforge lets us adjust the 404 handler, but
> I'm more concerned about the link being wrong here ;-)

I've looked at index.php in the pdl web repo and  it looks like these pages
are generated from the original doc pages. It also looks like the links for
internal docs have to be munged a bit. All links to other manual pages are
properly formatted, but any links to particular functions in other manual
pages do not work. The regexg used to rewrite the links does not look for
any hashes, so the #fftconvolve__ portion of the link threw off the regexp.

I'm working on this at the moment and should have a working version up
pretty soon. I'll post back when it's operational.

David